I know that I'm not supposed to take note of what other people (extended relatives) say, but somehow I get affected. And believe me, I tried to ignore them, but when almost all of them say the same things, somehow I feel a little uncertain. *siGH*
2nd Uncle:
"Wa Yiyun is so busy, always doing something" (during popo's funeral wake). Eh everytime I see you, you are sitting down and doing nothing? (referring to myself)
5th Uncle:
"Yiyun is so guai, aren't you fortunate to have her as your sibling? What a capable sister"
6th Uncle:
"Yiyun is so ban nai (capable & obedient in cantonese), and she works in a bank, and she has a license. Why Yiwen earn so little and no license? Wa very useless leh. Next time if your mum falls sick, confirm need to use Yiyun's money. You better do something about it."
One of the uncles/auntie/watever:
"Eh how come you never dress up nicely one? Learn from Yiyun ma, her dressing so nice, wear heels somemore"
Yiyun herself:
"Leggings/tights are supposed to be worn with longer tops, covering the butt at least"
- erm that was the first day of the funeral, and I dun think anyone cares abt what im wearing rite =.=
well...
all my life, my utmost goal is to be a dedicated wife and mother.
didnt know that I'm being considered as a burden and failure (according to my extended family).
somehow it makes me wonder if thats what Yiyun think I am, a failure too. Maybe, I guess.
time to shut off everything and indulge in feelings of dread and doom.
goodbye for the time being.
T_T