I was super interested in this quilting thingy, since about last week when I saw the few blogs on it ^^ Decided to go into it myself, but my head started to spin with a million questions!!!
First thing was.. How do I start to stitch it?
I was preparing to start, after I did a double knot, and was gonna start when another question came up "Erm.. How to start without showing the knot?" It wasn't easy to get the solution, until I saw this (link). Before doing this, one has to first get the quilter's knot. I was lucky and managed to get it the first time, but I couldn't visualize how to get this knot INTO the fabric, till I finally saw the link and I understood that this is a special knot to "pop" it into the fabric, hiding it!
Aint that marvellous?
Feeling very lucky that I chanced upon this blog that showed me HOW TO START IT.
After happily starting the first few stitches, another problem came up..
"How to stitch it in a way that the top stitches matches the bottom ones"
Ok before I go into this, I realise that I forgot to mention that I am sewing a "sandwich" (Fabric+Batting+Fabric) Hence the difficulty. Its not just one or two piece of thin cotton fabric, its thick and hard to control with the batting in between.
I tried to match them stitch by stitch, and my eyes went crazy with all the effort.
Off went my glasses and I felt better LOL =x (is this a sign of me getting old? =x)
Went on till the 9th stitch, and realise that my perfect line is curving =.= This is coz I didnt mark the fabric at all, supposed to draw a line with maybe tailor's chalk or something =x Blah! Just gonna continue to stitch!!!
Lol.
Hopefully I can complete something by the end of the week.. And no, I dun even know how to do binding aka ending border for quilts. Brains gonna go crazy mode again =x
binding links here:(1) (2) (3) Btw this is how binding looks like (here)
*off topic*
mylove is happily doing his modelling (read: gundam models) beside me, and I look forward to the day when we can have a big table to do our stuff, and not having to clear the table EACH and everytime we put something on it coz its the only surface we have.
come september, come..
HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!!! Best week in april ever!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x3